Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bruce asked if I have considered naming one of my children Jesus *Praise Him*. Thank you for the compliments, Bruce. Yes, when I was blessed to be carrying my first child, I thought about using the name Jesus *Praise Him* because I consider it to be the most beautiful name in the world. Even seeing it typed out here just makes me smile because it even looks peaceful and magical. Well, I discussed it with my Husband and he did not agree. My Husband converted to Catholicism before we married but he was raised in the AME church (African Methodist Episcopal) and he remembers hearing a sermon as a child that naming your child Jesus *Praise Him* is disrespectful to God *Praise Him*. At first I did not understand so I prayed about it. Then it came to me that naming a child Jesus *Praise Him* might lead others into sin. If the child did something wrong and another child said something disparaging about him, it could be interpreted as taking the Lord's *Praise Him* name in vain. My Husband agreed this would be a slippery path to lead others into so we abandoned Jesus in our house. JUST THE NAME, not the Savior *Praise Him*! (Sorry, just a little joke, God *Praise Him* loves laughter!)

I am praying for you, Bruce. Thank you for being a wonderful friend. You are a gift from the Lord *Praise Him*

No comments:

Post a Comment