Monday, April 19, 2010

Table of God *Praise Him*

I do not try to hide my faith or keep my love of God *Praise Him* quiet. I want to teach my children to do the same. In the entryway of our home, there is a small end table that holds a five pound boulder. It is not pushed to the side like an after thought. No, it is right in front of the front door and you have to actually turn your body to get past it. Why? Because this is our Table of God *Praise Him* and I want my children and all visitors of any faith to know that God *Praise Him* is always with us. Just like we have to always encounter the table, that is the same way we always are with our Lord *Praise Him*. Sometimes you may knock your knee on the table but it is still with us. Sometimes you may be able to use the table to store a newspaper or a pair of warm mittens. In good times and in bad, our table is always there, just like our God *Praise Him*. I think this works as a great reminder for myself, my Husband and our children.

2 comments:

  1. that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Not only is it super annoying (and i'm sure it looks horrible to boot), but it's a FIRE HAZARD! I hope you're okay with the fact that your children might die in a fire because you felt the need to block the front door in order to remind them that god is in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I admire wanting to keep the Lord in the forefront of your thoughts at all time, the poster above is correct. That is a fire hazard! You are blocking an exit to your home. What happens in an emergency? It's just not safe. A large cross on your entryway wall would serve the same purpose and not impede egress in the case of a fire.

    ReplyDelete